McKinley Mill HOA
Welcome to the community website for McKinley Mill HOA in Raleigh, NC. We hope you find this site helpful, informative and user friendly. If you have any suggestions or ideas on features or content that would make this site more helpful for you and your neighbors, please let us know. This website is maintained by the community association management firm, Grandchester Meadows Inc.
Pool & Clubhouse Information
Pool Rules – Operation Hours – Rental Calendar – Reservation & Payment Forms
There are 343 single family homes in the McKinley Mill HOA.
Trash is collected each Wednesday by the City of Raleigh. Recycle bins are collected every other Wednesday.
What do the HOA assessments pay for?
- General Liability Insurance for common areas / pool
- Pool Maintenance / Service Contract / Annual Inspections
- Electronic FOB card system
- Entrance area maintenance / lighting
- Playground maintenance
- Common Area Landscaping
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1.GENERAL: The following rules and regulations are designed to make living at Mitchell Mill pleasant and comfortable for each member of the Association. The restrictions which the Board imposes upon the members are for the mutual benefit of all. The cooperation and consideration of each member is vital.
2. DUES: Homeowner dues are due on May 1 and late by May 15th. A LATE FEE OF $15 WILL BE ADDED AFTER THE DUE DATE IF NOT RECEIVED. If a second late notice is required, a $25.00 final notice will be charged. If the account is turned over to a collection attorney, a fee of$35.00 will be charged. Any homeowner who is in arrears will be subject to a judgement against them and a lien against the property. Owners will loose pool privileges if account is not current.
3. ALTERATIONS: Prior to any exterior alterations or additions (such as fences, room additions or storage buildings) an architectural request for approval form must be submitted to the Architectural Control Committee for approval. The Committee, at it’s sole discretion, may or may not approve any changes. A written reply to any request will be made within thirty (30) days after said request has been submitted.
4. YARDS: Homeowners are required to keep their yards in a neat and orderly appearance- free of clutter, trash, tall weeds/grass, and rubbish. This includes front and back yard and right of ways. Any homeowner not keeping their yard in an orderly manner and/or not keeping it mowed to no higher than 8 inches will be subject to a $50.00/day fine.
5. PARKING: All vehicles must be parked in the driveways instead of on the street. Vehicles are not allowed to be parked in the yard. Recreation vehicles and trailers are not allowed to be parked on the street. Boats, trailers, campers, and all other similar property must be parked in a garage or area screened from the street and adjoining lot view and approved by the Architectural Control Committee. In no case shall recreation vehicle parking be allowed in front of or beside a house unless adequately screened from view of the street and adjoining lots. All vehicles parked within Mitchell Mill must be in operating condition both legally and mechanically, ie. current license plates & inspection sticker, no flat tires, etc. Any owner with a vehicle that is not in operating as defined above will be subject to a fine until the vehicle is either removed from the property or placed in operating condition. Commercial vehicles are not allowed on the property without written approval of the Board of Directors unless they are kept in the garage.
6. AUTOMOBILE REPAIRS: Minor vehicle repairs (oil changing, tire changing, spark plug replacement, etc.) are allowed; however, major repairs (engine overhaul, transmission repair, brake replacement, rear end repairs, etc.) are not allowed. Vehicles are not allowed to be left on jacks or blocks.
7. SPEED LIMIT: Special attention should be exercised when driving within the community to insure the safety of all residents.
8. INSURANCE: The Homeowners Association does not provide insurance for the residential units. It is the responsibility of the owner to provide insurance coverage for the structure.
9. NOISE: Being thoughtful of one’s neighbors is especially important in a community. Loud noises from televisions, stereo equipment, musical instruments, annoying pets, and other disturbances should be avoided at all times, especially between the hours of I 1 pm and Sam. If a homeowner should be disturbed by a loud noise, he should first attempt to notify the disturbing party. If the disturbing party is uncooperative and the problem is severe, then the local law enforcement agency should be contacted. The management office or a member of the Board of Directors should be contacted the next business day.
10. SIGNS: Only standard size “For Sale signs are allowed on the property and only one sign per home is permitted.
11. PETS: Any inconvenience, damage, excrement or unpleasantness caused by any pet shall be the sole responsibility of its owner. All dogs and cats shall be kept under the DIRECT (on a leash) control of their owners at all times and shall not be allowed to run free or otherwise interfere with the comfort and convenience of any resident or guest. All owners are responsible to scoop their dog’s poop. There is a pooper scooper law in Raleigh. No animals, livestock, or poultry of any kind shall be raised, bred, or kept for commercial purposes.
12. DWELLINGS: Each home shall be used for residential purposes only.
13. MAILBOXES: Federal Law prohibits any unauthorized entry of mailboxes. Any person in violation will be reported to the Federal Postal authorities.
14. HAZARDS: The discharge of firearms, fireworks, or any other noise making device is not permitted at any time.
HOA Community Management
Grandchester Meadows, Inc.
Manager – David Robbins
HOA General Liability Insurance Policy
919-234-7868 (phone) or 877-792-8358 (fax)
JBH Lawncare – Jonathan Holland
Wally’s Painting & Home Services: Walter Mycroft – email@example.com; 919-249-8056
Waite Plumbing –Mike Waite – (919) 387-0806
United Pest Management – Chris Andes – 919-971-9143
Mailing: McKinley Mill HOA – PO Box 1149 – Apex NC 27502
Submit a concern
All concern reports are sent to the Board and Manager.
BLOCK PARTY APPLICATION
HOSTING A BLOCK PARTY WITH YOUR NEIGHBORS? LET THE HOA HELP!
Don't Be Shy
Contact the association manager if you do not find what you need.