ARCHITECTURAL ApplicationsTHE PROCESS:
Exterior Change Requests
The governing documents for the HOA require that owners seek approval from the HOA for any exterior changes to their condominimun unit.
This is often referred to as an Architectural Request or Change.
Projects that require approval: any change to the exterior.
The Review Committee has up to 30 days to render an official decision. To speed up this turnaround time, include as many details as possible.
To speed up the approval process, print out a Neighbor Signature Form now to include with your submission.
- Read all govering documents.
- Include as many details as possible.
- Do not start any changes until you receive your official approval letter.
- Include Neighbor Signature Form with submission
ARCHITECTURAL REQUEST FORM
LANDSCAPE REQUEST FORM
AMERICAN FLAG REQUEST FORM
SATELITTE DISH REQUEST FORM
RETRACTABLE AWNING REQUEST FORM
what will be needed
All applications should include detailed, easy to understand drawings with a plot map outling location within your prooerty lines plus notes that include plans, elevations, construction details, colors, location, etc. as necessary to fully describe the proposed project.
NOTE: Generic statements like, “I want install a satelitte dish.” can not be accepted and will delay the approval process.
Please speak with and obtain signatures from all property owners having common lot lines with your property along with property owners who may reasonably view the improvement from their property. This signature is not for approval or denial of any application. It is simply acknowledgment of the changes you are proposing. Owners can obtain signautures while application is under review; however, official approval can be granted until these have been received. You can print out a neighbor signature form. One will also be sent with emailed receipt.
- If a Unit owner does not agree with the issue or violation, or previous resolution proposals, the Unit owner may file a written appeal to the Appeals Committee, with supporting documentation.
- The Appeals Committee will convene to consider the appeal within 14 days. The Unit owner may be present to present his appeal to the Appeals Committee.
- The Appeals Committee will render a decision.
- If the Unit owner disagrees with the Appeals Committee decision, the Unit owner may file a final appeal within 15 days with the Board of Directors (or Executive Board if one exists) to obtain a final decision, which will be to affirm, vacate, or modify the Appeals Committee decision.
Orchard Villas CUOA – Apex, NC
Website provided by: Grandchester Meadows Inc. – Association Management